Saturday 22 November 2008

bus

So after I went to buy my tampons, I noticed that the bus stop was right outside the market, I had my backpack with my sketchbook and pencils and some pesos for the bus.
So I decided to take the bus and go to downtown and sit on the main plaza and I drew some trees. they came out great.
Also I was writing as the day went by:
this is what I got:

And here I am riding the bus to whatever destination. The bus is so jumpy I can't hardly write.
This culture, my home culture, is so strange to me.
I guess most old men here never retire, im talking about the poor ones, you always see old men doing odd jobs out here.
This bus must be in use since the 80's it looks so old.
People always stare at me. I wonder if they thing if I am a weird tourist of a mayan gone wrong.
I should have eaten something else than that banana and a cup of coffee, but oh well, its 2pm now.
Here in downtown its where working people gather, they walk passing in a hurry most of them carrying always something.
The young, and mostly the young me always look a little faggy to me haha, they do, like they try too much. too much wanna be, like the kids at american idol. hahah but really they try to keep up with fashion but they just over do it.
Women seem more neutral, like you could take them a few years back and forth and they would look ok. they look just basic. maybe because they are not supposed to get out of the box, maybe they dont want to.
Pigeons, they have shit all over the downtown plaza ground, but yet, they look beautiful when they fly around following a wind wave.
Children always chase pigeons, I guess that's what they get for polluting so much.
I should go back now.
Its 4pm and it was a little difficult but I finally manage to find my bus stop, and I guess the same driver is still on the clock, I can recognize that mullet from 30 ft.
I am starving.
For a local this was just another day, another sale to try to make, another peso to work for.
For a tourist this was just another day for a snapshot opportunity.
and for me, well I dont know i'm lost in limbo.
ok we are off and the shaking of the bus has started so good bye.



Ps. I wish my camera was fixed already

No comments: